XML data binding with Delphi for .net
Emilio Magri
2006-12-07 10:48:13 UTC
Report
I'm trying to port my Delphi 7 VCL project to Delphi VCL.net with BDS2006.

I found that in the Delphi for .net environment there is no more an
equivalent for the XML data binding wizard.
Why is this functionality missing? I suppose because it is replaced by a
similar tool directly provided by the .net framework.

Actually I see there is an utility called XSD.exe to convert a XML or XSD
schema in a set of classes, but delphi is not directly supported.

My question is:
what is the right way to use XML data binding in delphi for .net? Am I
missing something?
is there a way to make XSD.exe generate delphi code?
secondarily, is there a way to convert old delphi interfaces generated by
the wizard to work in .net?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Emilio
Kevin Frevert
2006-12-07 17:22:19 UTC
Report
Post by Emilio Magri
what is the right way to use XML data binding in delphi for .net? Am I
missing something?
is there a way to make XSD.exe generate delphi code?
Yes. If you are using D2006...(watch the word wrap)

XSD.exe "Path to your XSD file"
/l:Borland.Delphi.DelphiCodeProvider,DelphiProvider,Version=10.0.4143.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b
/namespace:MyNameSpace.MyUnitName /c
Emilio Magri